Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Urban Shopping Guide







I wanted to share a really interesting company that I was introduced to a couple months ago. I was actually introduced to them via a friend who was designing their website. And they needed Chicago photographs for the site, so I agreed to do a shoot. Here's a link to their site. - http://www.urbanshopguide.com

And here's a description of what Urban Shopping guide is -

USG is a Chicago-based business specializing in shopping tours around the city. It's pretty genius... I mean, I've lived here for 7 years, and I'm seriously thinking about signing up for one of these tours the next time Laura is in town (!) - I just know that there are some hidden gems out there that I've never come across... The concept is great because it's very much along the lines of the NFT (Not For Tourists) guides, where you're not being told where all the tourists shop (i.e. Michigan Avenue) - instead you're being told where actual (trendy) local Chicagoans shop... places they adore, businesses they respect, shops they visit personally & feel lucky to live near.

They were also mentioned in Daily Candy earlier this month. I've attached a screen shot of that email above. Good luck Julie and Marci!

No comments: