Monday, November 19, 2007

Hello from Naples

This week I'm down in Naples Florida to visit my parents. David, Catherine and Josh also made the annual trip. Here are some pictures from today's events. As some of you know, it's been a Thanksgiving tradition to make apple struddle a couple days before Thanksgiving. The recipe is from my mom's grandmother, also known as Ma Tschinkel who was from Austria, and was passed down from over 100 years ago. Making the struddle is a large project and requires several people. We always use the large round table in the family room to roll out the dough. After that, we add apples, bread crumbs, raisins... and then we roll everything up and bake it in the oven for about an hour. This was Josh's first time helping out and he seemed really excited to put on his chefs hat and apron.

Carolyn and I are going to the everglades tomorrow for an airboat ride and hopefully some alligator spotting. Oh.. I almost forgot.. I caught a large mouth bass today in the backyard. It's the first time I've actually caught something in the backyard.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yum, but is struddle different from strudel?