Monday, December 17, 2007

Macy's



As you guys know, I moved into a new house about 6 months ago and I’ve been working with Macy’s to order furniture for several of our rooms. I’ll start by saying that I’ve always liked shopping at the State Street store. I didn’t think that much would change when it was bought out by Macy’s. Boy was I wrong! Carolyn and I having being trying to resolve a problem with Macy’s for the past month and the process has not been enjoyable. I’ll spare you the lengthy details, but it basically comes to us asking to exchange some furniture within the designated 3 day window, and them saying we didn’t request it. We were even o.k. with paying the 25% restocking fee since the reason for the return was more about taste, not about Macy’s delivering the wrong piece. We’ve made numerous calls to customer service and talked to several managers and they still will not honor the request to exchange the furniture. I’ve never really been the type of person to say that “I’m never going back to the store”, but I’ve reached my limit with Macy’s. Until they resolve things, I’m not going to be shopping at Macy’s. Has anyone had a similar experience with Macy’s? Does anyone have stories of a positive experience with Macy’s? Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Steve, Matt and I had a bad experience with the furniture department when the store was still Marshall Fields. Our custom order was supposed to arrive in apx 8-12 weeks, and I called to check on the status after 10 weeks. We soon figured out that our order was never placed! We had to wait the 8-12 weeks all over again. I would be surprised if we ever bought a piece of furniture from them again.

Steve Goldhaber said...

I actually got a call from Macy's today saying that they wanted to resolve things which is nice. I'll keep everyone posted on what happens.

- Steve