Friday, April 18, 2008

Don't Come a Knocking if this House is Rocking

Yes. I can now check "survived an earthquake" off my list of things to do in life.

It happened around 4:30 this morning, and my first instinct was that someone was robbing our house. I was about to reach for my phone to call 911, but then I continued to feel more strange rumbling noises. It sounded like 4 or 5 robbers, which was even more bizzare to me. Maybe it was the wind? No... there weren't supposed to be any strong winds last night. My next best theory was that a train derailed or something like that. Carolyn was also up and we couldn't figure it out. We both agreed it felt like an earthquake, but then laughed and said, yeah right... earthquake in Illinois... so we went back to bed. I got up around 7:30 and reached for my iphone to check the news. And sure enough, the first thing I see is "5.2 earthquake hits Southern Illinois." We haven't seen any signs of damage at our house, so good news on that front.

Did anyone else feel the quake? If so, tell me your story...

1 comment:

Mandy Hank said...

We don't get anything exciting here in Phoenix- just sun! How cool!