Saturday, April 12, 2008

Giving Back...

For the past couple years, Carolyn has been volunteering 2 hours every Saturday morning at an organization called WITS (Working in the Schools). Today was the last tutoring session of the Spring semester, so I joined her today, and agreed to document the great work that everyone does at WITS. Today was extra special because the kids received books they ordered a couple weeks ago. WITS lets the kids choose up to $50 in books, which they agree to read once they come in.

In taking these pictures I really wanted to capture the relationship between student and tutor. On my way over this morning, I thought it was really going to be all about the kids, but I realized that wasn't true. There's just as much fun and rewarding things that the volunteers experience. When you look at the pictures, you really get a sense of this.

If anyone is interested in helping out with WITS, I would encourage you to attend a charity fundraiser which is happening next Thursday at Carnivale. Click here for more information on registering for the event.








No comments: