Monday, September 01, 2008

The Big Bike Ride

Tomorrow morning marks a big day in how not to be lazy on your day off. Carolyn and I decided that we're going for a bike ride up to Evanston tomorrow morning. We hopefully will leave really early in the morning, sometime around 7:30 or 8:00. We've only gone bike riding a couple times this year. And we actually went this morning for a quick ride to milk and honey to grab some breakfast. I guess you could call that our warm-up bike ride and tomorrow will be the real test.

Some of you remember that I used to do adventure racing in Chicago. And I'm actually using the same bike that I used to race in. It's really nice and light weight... it's a blend between a mountain bike and a racing bike. So, I have no excuses to not finish the ride! Once we get to Evanston, we'll probably have a late breakfast or early launch (depending how fast or slow would go). I really like going up to Evanston, because it feels like it's such an escape from downtown, even though it's only a couple of miles away. it's also fun to go through Northwestern's campus even know it makes me feel pretty old.

I actually looked at Google maps earlier today, to see which way we're going to take. And you can actually create a custom map which I've posted below. If anyone is feeling extra athletic tomorrow, feel free to call my phone and we can connect on the way up.

I hope everyone is having fun weekend. The weather has been phenomenal outside. I love it when it's in the upper 80s. I'm thinking that this may be the last hot weekend in Chicago.



View Larger Map

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I'm up and ready...just debating if I should wake you up.