Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Carolyn and Steve's Wedding Website


So you might already know that I'm getting married in Grand Cayman on May 5th 2007. I've created a website for the wedding that provides details of the island, hotels, etc. We're still right in the middle of planning. Ironically, we just hired a wedding photographer who lives in Grand Cayman - her name is Rebecca Davidson. We're really excited to work with her.

Here's a quick sample of some of the content that's on the website -

THE PROPOSAL
It all started on February 12th, 2005 when I took Carolyn on our first date to the Around the Coyote art festival in Chicago. For those of you who aren't familiar, Around the Coyote is an art festival where you get to walk through various artist lofts and studios and look at their work. We spent about 5 hours at the art fair... getting to know each other, looking at tons of work, etc. And at the end of the date, we asked each other who our favorite artist was. And strange enough, out of the 50+ artists we looked at, we both had the same favorite one. His name is Kevin Lahvic. Back in April, I called Kevin and told him our story about how we really enjoyed his work during our first date. He loved the story and at my request, agreed to create a one of a kind painting titled "Will You?". The painting is of an abstract man on one knee proposing to a woman. So I told Carolyn (who just accepted a new job) that I bought her a congratulations present. When I revealed the painting, she obviously knew it was not just a present for her new job. And that's how I proposed to Carolyn.

No comments: