Thursday, September 21, 2006

Showing Albums Using Web Slideshow Software



So I bought Show it Web to basically show my pictures online. I was happy enough with the ability to do this, but I found another way for ths program to work extra hard. When I design a wedding album, I now convert the album pages over to JPEGs and upload those into the slideshow. This is soooo much better than burning a CD with a PDF that is over 100MB. The only drawback I've seen so far is that any text is hard to read, but you can always send that over in an email. Here's a sample of an album I rencently designed and sent to a client.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i had the same problems initially with Aperture's 70+MB PDF files. the solution is really in the Adobe Acrobat Standard edition. i bought it a while back for some other work. you can bring the PDF into Acrobat Standard, and choose the Reduce File Size option in the file menu. the resulting PDFs get shaved down to a more manageable 3-6MB, perfect for downloading for client review. the images get compressed, but maintain a consistent, high quality look.

you can use OS X's Preview app (in the Save As dialog, under the Quartz Filters there is a Reduce File Size filter), but the result is not as good as what you get from Acrobat.