Monday, August 06, 2007

Anne and Tony's Wedding was a blast!





I had a blast this past Saturday photographing Anne and Tony’s wedding. The day started at The Drake at one of their executive suites on the 10th floor. I love the views on the north side of the Drake. You get to see the start of Lake Shore Drive from Michigan Avenue and a beautiful view of Lake Michigan. I got super excited when I saw a placeholder on Anne’s table for Bruce Springsteen, but it turned out she’s a big fan of the boss and she just used it as a sample. (How dare you get my hopes up like that)

After doing some getting ready shots, we hopped in a limo to go around town for some around the city shots, which I love to do for everyone who get’s married downtown. We went to the Planetarium and then Ohio Street beach for some posed and photojournalistic shots. We then went back to the Drake, where we went to the small park directly across from the hotel. Anne and Tony exchanged gifts between them and also gave gifts to the maid of honor (Kelly) and best man (Greg). After that we re-grouped at 4pm to do some family shots outside, but it started to rain, so we decided to head over to Spiagga which is where the ceremony and reception were. I really love Spiagga’s private floor they have for weddings. It’s such a unique space and has a great view of the lake. The room worked really well for both the ceremony and the reception. Anne’s dad performed the ceremony which made it extra special. It really added an emotional element. My favorite part was when Anne’s dad delivered the line… “Tony, do you take my daughter to be your wife…”. Another funny line was when he referred to Anne as “Anny Bannany” (not sure if that’s the official spelling… I defer to Anne on that one).

This truly was a great night and I felt really lucky to photograph this wedding. Anne and Tony are headed off to Hawaii for their honeymoon. I hope you guys have a blast! Thanks for a wonderful two days of fun and memories!

||| Click on the above picture for the slideshow |||

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Instant replay, capturing all the emotions! I love it. And the boss was there! Thanks, Steve. Happy honeymoon, Anne and Tony!
Donna

Steverino said...

A friend of mine who attended this wedding emailed me the url to your blog so I could view the photos. They are very nice and really capture the essence of this unique event. Excellent images.
Steve in steamy Chicago